DML FAQ : Electronics
: How do I reprogram my Remote Keyless Entry (RKE)?
How do I reprogram my Remote Keyless Entry (RKE)?
NOTE When programming mode is entered,programming is cleared from programmed transmitters and the transmitters will need to be reprogrammed.
- Place the key into the ignition and turn the key to ON position (do not start the engine.)
- Press and hold the UNLOCK button on a currently programmed transmitter for a minimum of four seconds and a maximum of ten seconds.
- While pressing the UNLOCK button,Press and release both the PANIC and UNLOCK buttons. Upon releasing the buttons,a single chime will sound. This indicates that you are in programmed mode.
- Within 30 seconds,press both the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons of the transmitter to be programmed. A single chime will sound,release both buttons.
- Press either the LOCK or UNLOCK button of the transmitter to be programmed. The doors will lock or unlock accordingly,indicating that the transmitter is programmed.
- Repeat sets 4 and 5 in order to program up to a total of four transmitters.
Contributed by: Lou Alimonda
Last updated: Mon Mar 25 22:17:25 2002