DML FAQ : Stereo
: How do I remove the stereo in my '97-'00?
How do I remove the stereo in my '97-'00?
This is a fairly simple process:
- Disconnect battery ground cable
- Remove the cluster bezel (front dash & instrument panel cover)
- With an automatic, set the parking brake & shift trans to 1st gear
- With tilt steering, tilt all the way down
- Grab the top of the cluster panel and pull straight out towards you, just enough to clear it from the snap clips
- Gently pull around the edges to unsnap all the clips
- It will come out at this point
- Two screws secure the radio to the dash, looking straight at it, they are in the top right and lower left. Take out these two screws.
- Pull the radio out and disconnect the wiring harness (2 clips), ground wire and antenna.
Installation is the reverse. Book says the 2 screws holding the radio in should be tightened to 45 in. lbs.
Contributed by: Cal Hyer
Last updated: Thu Mar 28 19:21:15 2002